Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Looney Executive Presents ... "Outside The Valley Tech Forum"
Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM (EST)
“Outside the Valley Tech Forum”
Thursday November 15, 2012 from 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The Forum at Springfield City Hall - 1st Floor
76 E. High Street
Springfield, Oh 45502
The City of Springfield Minority Business Development
The Looney Executive
- Are you a current tech entrepreneur with an intriguing startup story?
- Do you have a killer launch idea … but don’t know where to start?
- Are you an investor wondering whether the next new thing exists in SW Ohio?
- Are you curious about how to transform SW Ohio into a region that creates Silicon Valley-type stories?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then you should join the City of Springfield Minority Business Development and The Looney Executive as we turn up the heat on tech entrepreneurship in SW Ohio.
The “Outside The Valley Tech Forum” will look at the current state of tech entrepreneurship in SW Ohio, shed light on what resources are available to launch a fast-growth tech venture, discuss whether or not the region can be transformed into a hub for Silicon Valley-style entrepreneurs, and debate why there are so few “Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerbergs” among women and minorities.
So just why should you attend the “Outside the Valley Tech Forum”?
The real question is “why should you not attend” when you can:
- Hear the stories of local tech entrepreneurs
- Connect with potential startup partners
- Learn which area organizations can you help you launch your killer idea
- Participate in engaging discussions about how/if SW Ohio can create its own Silicon Valley-type stories and … how to increase minority tech entrepreneurship
This event is sponsored by the City of Springfield Minority Business Development. and The Looney Executive. The event will be hosted by Blake Glenn, creator and host of The Looney Executive series of podcasts.
There are only a limited number of tickets available. So don’t delay. Get your ticket now!
Then come share your story and connect with other like-minded tech adventurers!
When & Where
The Looney Executive
The "Outside The Valley Tech Forum" is just around the corner!
On November 15th starting at 5:00 pm at Springfield City Hall, we're bringing together a diverse lineup of tech players in the region to discuss the state of tech entrepreneurship in SW Ohio. Our featured panelists include:
Andrea Klein - a transplant straight from Silicon Valley. Currently an Oracle VP, she's worked with tech startups and previously raised $8,000,000 for a tech company spin-off.
Robert Premus - Entrepreneur, angel investor, and recently retired professor at WSU. Co-founded WSU's Master's in Engineering, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Tony Manuel – Tech entrepreneur, member of Ohio Tech Angels, company creates battlefield communications systems.
Pat Newcomb - Director of Dayton Small Business Development Center at The Entrepreneur's Center. Works with various tech startups in the region.
Come join us on November 15th!